Dr. Kim is a graduate of Seoul National University’s College of Medicine, the most prestigious medical school in Korea. Afterwards he served in the Korean Army as a military physician. After his service he continued his medical practices at the SUNY Downstate Medical Centre, specializing in Physical medicine and Rehabilitation.
His passion for relieving pain in others led him to open the Comprehensive Pain Therapy Center in 1989, serving as the first Korean speaking pain specialist in New Jersey. Despite working full time as a doctor, Dr.Kim has always had a passion for educating others. He was formerly a clinical lecturer at SUNY, the Chairman of the Rehabilitation Medicine Department at the Hackensack University Medical Center from 1994 to 2001, and now works endlessly to educate the public through newspapers and broadcasted media.
We understand that all pain is something only the patients themselves feel, and that it is difficult for the people around them to understand the hardships one is going through. There are many cases in which a patient may possess serious lesions that are completely unobservable from the outside. Furthermore, there are many cases where a patient can have severe pain despite having normal MRIs and other diagnostic tests.
Dr. Kim thoroughly understands the special characteristics of these kinds of pain, and explains these medical concepts in a way that patients easily understand.
– Graduate of University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing
– Graduate of NYU College of Nursing
– Graduate of Yonsei University, College of Health Science Rehabilitation Therapy
– Freehold Rehabitation & Nursing Center and Englewood Hospital Home Health Service
– Graduate of D.P.T Dominican College
– M.S. Rehabilitation Therapy in Yonsei University
– Health Science in PT in Yonsei University
– Graduate of Korea University
– Graduate of Laguardia Community College PTA Program
– Mount Sinai Hospital